Monday, August 24, 2009

DADDY DOLLARS!

An actual Daddy Dollar!

As a television producer it takes a lot to impress me. I see new ideas every single day. That’s part of my job to scrutinize over hundreds of ideas and weed through the best ones. So when I find something fantastic I want to share it with the world. Yesterday I had one of those eureka finds! I found a really clever idea when I was multitasking—although some people would say it was during an ADHD moment. I was watching television, holding Rebecca and Gemma, reading them a book and at the same time glancing at a magazine. It was one of my favorite magazines called FAMILY FUN. I came across a story about a woman who made “daddy dollars” which her kids would earn by doing small tasks. When her children saved enough “daddy dollars” they could spend them at the “mommy mart” where they might purchase small toys, trinkets, school supplies etc. The children could even work together as a team and pool their money together to go out to family dinners or enjoy a movie night. Now you might be asking why these are called “daddy dollars”. There’s a website that prints out dollars which allows you to upload a photo of daddy to be put in the place of Mr. Washington. I couldn’t tell you if the Federal Reserve has anything to say about this…but it’s a lot of fun and might just get the kids to really do their chores. Now as a liberated woman, I wondered if I should go with the terminology of “daddy dollars”….maybe they should be Deyo Dollars. And instead of Daddy’s face on the bill…we could all take turns…mommy’s face, Graces, Carolines etc. But when I considered the fights over “…but why do I get a Grace dollar? I want my own!” To which I would reply…”and of course you should have your own…but sweetie… mommy’s tired and I can’t print anymore dollars right now.” So I realized let’s keep this simple—daddy dollars it is. After all let’s not forget who’s really the good guy in all of this…Mommy and her mommy mart!

So here’s what you need to do to create your very own daddy dollars. Log onto www.festisite.com/money . The program will allow you to upload your photo and it’s quite explanatory from there. I actually enlarged the dollar just a bit so it came out the actual size of a dollar bill. The great thing about the program is that you can actually print out 5’s, 10’s, 20’s…and I guess if the kids are really good…100’s (maybe special occasions like birthdays—or perhaps right before they have to go back to school and they will use that money on back to school clothes.) Also the program prints out different money currencies as well. Enjoy it…drop me a line in the comments section or email me directly at threepluskids@aol.com and let me know if it works for you. And if you have any great and valuable tips I would love to hear about them so we can share them too.


4 comments:

  1. glad I found your post on Google! I saw this in Family Fun as well but lost the website to print them out and the magazine it was in! On my way to printing some now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a girlfriend of mine tell me about this and with the struggles of raising a growing young girl who is "lazy" this seems like a great way to encourage her to get things done! Glad you put an article out about it because I was having trouble finding info on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this a while back at the doctors in the same magazine (which is long since gone). Thanks so much for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to above, really glad I found this page. I'm a single mom of 4 so I'll probably join your site. There really is a huge difference when the 3rd child is born...I felt I had everything under control when I had 2 kids. Was once told, "you're in trouble when they (kids) have you out-numbered." lol! I was still married then. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete