Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DAY 2--AND THAT ANNOYING MOTHER

Today is day two of my diet. How did day one go? well as I said earlier today is day two so I'm still on it...and it's hard. I keep waiting to get over "the hump"...but I am sure I have a way to go. No caffeine...shakes for breakfast....protein for lunch....at least I'm sticking with it...last night I had 0 energy...as I nearly missed my train. But I keep saying...it will get easier, it will get easier. Here's what's not making it easier. Those annoying mothers (now I know that an adjective like annoying before the word mother is probably and should only be used by teenagers--but I'm on a diet and I'm cranky!)...those annoying mothers who scream and root at sporting events for their kids like their life depended on it. Last night I sat by one of those annoying mothers. I was at Caroline's basketball game...I was tired. I had gotten off the train, wanted to just relax and have a low key hunger filled night. When all of a sudden I hear..."GO LAKE! GO JAMIE! GO ELLA! YOU CAN DO IT...YOU CAN WHIP THESE KIDS...etc, etc." I thought I would have to be restrained if the woman didn't shut up. Maybe on another day when I wasn't on a diet I would tolerate it...but when I'm tired and cranky and hungry....I have a right to get angry! Don't I? My daughter's team didn't win...but there's always tommorrow....thank goodness for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment