Thursday, January 21, 2010

DAY THREE OF MY CLEANSE

So I have been receiving alot of questions about what kind of diet I am on. I actually started on Dr. Junger's cleanse. He has a book titled "CLEAN" which talks about cleansing your body to restore the body's natural ability to heal itself. It's a 21 day program...and hopefully I'll be able to make it through...each day gets a little easier. I compare the diet to Lenten sacrifices. When you were little and gave up something for 40 days of Lent...and then you could have it again on Easter. Well basically this cleanse is like Lent and you're giving up food. (good food--ok food that I consider good--pizza, stew, pie, hamburgers etc).
The diet consists of a shake for breakfast, a light lunch from the elimination diet plan (mostly lean proteins...no eggs, lots of fruits and vegetables) and then a shake for dinner. After day one I thought I could never last. Yesterday was only day 2 and it wasn't so bad...I'm thinking I can get used to this (not really) but it's a little easier to try.
So today's day three...and the biggest aid is the support of staff members who are doing it with me and we offer encouragement to each other...my husband is doing his version of a diet cleanse...so that helps at home. I think my most difficult challenge is going to be the weekends...when I'm home...cooking dinner--living life. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment