Wednesday, April 21, 2010

EVERY SECOND COUNTS

In a second I got the girls to all look at the camera at the same time!


In a second we all shared some Easter joy!

Discovering seconds of exploration together!


Becca with my chicken purse....a second, a smile!



Not sure why I was thinking that every second in our lives count. But I was sitting on the train yesterday pondering that very thought. Every second has a purpose....maybe one second is to wake up the sun, another second is to offer a smile to someone having a bad day, another second is to meet a new friend. I actually met my husband in a second. We were playing vollyball and in a second he saved the ball from hitting me. In a second my life changed. These seconds are so precious. Most of us, including me take them for granted. When you think about it...we never get them back. Each second lasts...only about....a second. Wouldn't it be great to make every second count...every second mean something? One day I was coming home on the train. I couldn't find a place to sit. All of a sudden, in a second as a matter of fact, this man came out of no where and pushed me so hard down the aisle that I practically fell into this woman's lap. She wasn't to happy about that, but I did discover that there was a seat next to her that I didn't initially see. I sat next to her and this woman happened to be knitting. I love knitting especially on the train. So to save face with this woman who I just nearly crushed--I said, "oh you're knitting...I always bring my knitting too"...suddenly the kinship of yarn but a smile on her face and she acted like we had been long lost friends just reunited. We discussed projects and what kinds of yarn we like to use. Then I noticed that she was doing a cable stitch. It's a stitch I have trouble with and always wanted to learn. I asked her about it. She put everything down and the remainder of the ride home taught me that stitch that I just couldn't comprehend. Imagine that! Some very valuable seconds strung together as a knitting class--unexpected, appreciated seconds.




Now unfortunately not everything is seen through rose colored glasses...there are some seconds we wish we could take back...saying unkind words in a second, glances of disappointment, and as in the case this am--a thrown stuffed animal--and in a second our favorite statue was broken.




So what does it all mean? good seconds, bad seconds, to me it means to appreciate each and every moment...as a wise woman once said (that would be Mrs. Garrett from the Facts of Life TV show)...you take the good, you take the bad and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life, the facts of life. Yes..it's all part of life...live it to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment