Monday, April 19, 2010

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Pauline enjoying her older sister Graceann's softball game....brrrr....it's freezing and doesn't quite feel like Spring!

When she's not enjoying her sister's games....she's playing soccer--and having a great time.

Caroline warming up --getting ready to pitch for her town's softball team. In 3 innings she has struck out 8 and hasn't given up any runs....really great for a lefty!


So we're officially into Spring Sports. I can remember bringing Graceann to her first few Softball games and she didn't even know which way to run after she hit the ball. Imagine the laughs when she hit the ball and ran directly to third! I carted all of her younger sisters to watch the game. They knew if they behaved they might get treated to the ice cream truck. I insured their behavior by packing barbie dolls, stuffed animals, coloring books...or anything to keep them busy. The other moms couldn't believe I had 5 children. I kept wondering it's easy now....Graceann plays softball and the others sit with me....this is the high life....just what's going to happen when they're all involved in sports and I'm running from game to game? That's when life will be crazy. That time has come. Friday Caroline had a game in town while Graceann had a game an hour away. That situation easily solved...my husband took Graceann while I took Caroline. Saturday Graceann had a game away and Pauline had a Spring Soccer game--again we split duties. The problems will begin when all three have something the same day....there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel because before too long Rebecca and Gemma will be in the equation. For a millisecond my husband said, "maybe spring soccer was too much for us to handle". But then we remind ourselves...we need to be fair to all the girls...and this was the sport Pauline really wanted to do. It helps to pool all of their schedules together and make a master calender to keep us in track. It's not easy to juggle...but I thank God I have children to juggle. (Always trying to find the positive)! They say when the going gets tough....the tough get going....we just may need a ride and helping hand in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment