Monday, April 12, 2010

PROJECT HOMEWORK

Graceann's biome project--a Monarch butterfly (whipped together with 2 pairs of white pantyhose, three hangers, one black knee high stocking, 3 plastic bags and paint.)


I love my daughters....I really, really do....but why is it that after being off for one week of school--they decided to tell me they have homework at 8:00 pm on a Sunday night? And not just 4+4=8 math homework....no--project homework. Project homework is when you're creating a poster, something messy, or researching at all hours to get a paper done. In this case Caroline had 2 projects due. One was a poster on what makes NJ great, and the other was designing a bookmark for the Library. My oldest daughter Graceann said she had a book report--but this was the creative kind....instead of writing about the main story plot--you had to bake a cake in the shape of the main character. (When did these type of book reports start? they didn't have them when I was a kid). Her second project involved a biome...and creating a stuffed animal biome. I didn't even know what a biome was...ugh! Needless to say I'm tired, and cranky after helping with a night of last minute project homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment