Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CRAZY RANTS AND THOUGHTS FROM A MAD WOMAN...OK NOT A MAD WOMAN...A WORKING MOM WITH LITTLE TIME FOR HERSELF!


The other night I was reading "If you give a mouse a cookie..." the famous children's tale of how one thing leads to the next and to the next and the next...and before you know it you're back right where you started. That's how I feel (especially when I get little or no sleep)....my thoughts keep bouncing around from one side of my brain to the next. So I decided to jot some of these "random thoughts" down to see if I wasn't alone in my thinking.

In no particular order...this is what keeps me up at nights....

Why is it when I tell my girls to go potty before we leave (especially when we're about to hit a park with no bathrooms or porto-pottys that haven't been cleaned since Adam met Eve) the girls say they don't have to go--or they just went...and then the minute we drive to the park...they have to go?

Why is it the girls tell me they need new school supplies like a glue stick at 9 pm on a Sunday night?

Why is it when I'm slaving over a really nice dinner for the family--my girls aren't too hungry because they found hidden snacks somewhere and helped themselves?

Why is it that in a blink of an eye when my daughter Graceann was so "clingy" and never wanted to leave my side...now ditches me for her friends?

Why is it when my ankles and knees are killing me there aren't any seats left on the train?

Why is it when I think I'm saving money because I am buying chicken in bulk...it becomes the one grocery bag left under the seat that didn't get brought in the night before.

On the same token...why is it when I think I'm saving money by buying fruit in bulk...the fruit flies enjoy it more than my family does?

Why is it that when I say no to my girls they know exactly how long to whine until I finally give in.

Why is it one child can't have a playdate without all the others complaining they want one too--so next thing I know 10 kids are running around my house.

Why do my daughters continue to eat in the tv room when I tell them not to...and so not to get caught they stuff their wrappers inside the couch?

Why is it that the days I have to wake up at 5 am for work...one of my girls can't sleep and wakes me up?

Why is it that on Saturday when I could sleep in late...another one of my girls can't sleep and wakes me up?

Why is it my girls take cereal for one but pour milk for 2 in their bowl and never finish it?

Why is it just when I try to sleep on the train because I have all these random thoughts...I end up sitting next to chatty cathy?



Graceann--one of 5 reasons I'm up all night...the other 4 reasons are Caroline, Pauline, Gemma and Rebecca.

I would love to hear your RANDOM THOUGHTS...we can compare notes...and I'm sure you can give me even more thoughts that will totally keep me up...please leave a comment or email me at threepluskids@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment