Tuesday, October 13, 2009

DELICIOUS POTSTICKERS

The great thing about these potstickers is that they can be made in abundance and frozen--so you have a quick and easy meal at your fingertips.

Pauline getting her hands dirty--I love that it becomes a family affair!

I mentioned last week that Lucinda Scala Quinn came on Martha's show and made what appeared to be the most delicious simple easy meal I had ever seen--potstickers! The recipe is from Everyday Food and I promised I would make them this weekend and let you know just how easy and delicious they actually are. Well Lucinda has delivered again. This is sure to become a family favorite recipe. I love the fact that I can make a bunch and freeze them...imagine easy and delicious chinese food faster than it takes a Chinese delivery man to come to your house. I also love the fact that my girls got so into this project. They perfected every dumpling as they went on. Here's the recipe link in case you missed it http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/pork-and-chive-pot-stickers?

If there was any downside to this project it was finding the wonton wrappers. I travelled to 4 different grocery stores (Acme, Shoprite, Kings and Foodtown) and none of them had the wrappers---then it dawned on me that we got the wrappers on our show at Whole Foods--so that's where they must be. Whole Foods isn't very close to me...but in the end I think it was worth driving two towns away for. Even though they didn't have round wrappers--but square...I think they still worked.


Caroline perfecting the art of the Potsticker.





Caroline's perfect Pork Potsticker.



Yum...delicious...they were all devoured!...we also made the broccoli in oyster sauce....and then I created my own eggplant "snakes" in oyster sauce....everyone loved that.


Thanks Lucinda for another most delicious dish....and if you are looking for more delicious recipes....be advised that Lucinda actually has another new book coming out this month called MAD HUNGRY. I've seen some photos from the book and I can't wait to try some of those amazing recipes...and always I will share my adventures!
If you have a quick and easy recipe...I'd love to try it....please email me at threepluskids@aol.com Thanks....Christina






No comments:

Post a Comment