Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A METS FAN'S DILEMMA

WHEN YOU LOVE THE METS...WHO DO YOU ROOT FOR PHILLIES OR YANKEES?

I am a die hard Mets fan. I have been since I was 5 and they made it to the World Series. I remember my parents watching the games and myself crying because I was missing Bugs Bunny (must have been an afternoon game). After crying for as long as I could...I figured if I can't beat them I might as well join them...and its been a love affair ever since. I've enjoyed the glory years...and the disappointed years. Unfortunately the disappointed years most recently have involved the Philadelphia Phillies....as a Mets fan it's extremely hard to root for the Phils....and yet no where in my right mind can I imagine rooting for the Yankees. It just doesn't happen. If you truly love the Mets...you truly despise the Yankees (and I'm sure vice versa). So now the dilemma is this....it's the 2009 World Series between the Phillies and the Yankees. Who should I root for by default? As hard as it will be....I have to say LET'S GO PHILLIES....I just can't bear to root for the Yankees.....
Now here's an easy one for me....my daughter Graceann will be pitching for her softball teams playoffs....no question...LET'S GO PANTHERS...LET'S GO GRACEANN!

No comments:

Post a Comment