Monday, October 5, 2009

LUCKY 13!

Bob and I have been married for 13 wonderful years!

Today is my lucky 13th year wedding anniversary. I can remember the day as if it were yesterday. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. The weather was not too warm and yet not too cold...just perfect (of course it could have been raining cats and dogs and I would have remembered that day still being just perfect) yes the weather was truly perfect. We had a beautiful church wedding with 3 priests presiding (I used to work in a church rectory). Fr. Morely, Fr. Marciniak and Fr. Finnerty said our Mass. Sally Jessy Raphael (who I worked for at the time) came to both the ceremony and reception....as did former TV host Richard Bey. I guess you could say it was a star studded event...but the stars were all in my eyes for my husband Bob.

I was so fortunate to marry my very best friend in this world. He's basically my very own SUPERMAN. After all, he can handle five whining daughters in a single bound. And look, it's a bird, it's a plan...it's my husband who doesn't flinch when I send him to the store in the middle of the night to buy "overnights with wings".

My anniversary wish is that our 5 daughters all find men like their dad...who puts them first.
And someone who supports their career choices as Bob does mine. Someone who loves them as deeply as my husband makes me feel he loves me. Of course we'll help narrow thier choices....Bob promises to be cleaning his gun when the young men come calling for their dates.

Yesterday I surprised my husband for our anniversary. I told him we had to go to a pre-showing of the Martha Stewart Employee Art Show. He begrudgingly got dressed up for another one of my "work events"...and when it was time to drive into the city we pulled up to his all time favorite restaurant--Rod's Steakhouse in Morristown New Jersey. The food was delicious as always. Definately worth a visit for a special occasion. I brought my camera to photograph all of our food (as I learned from working with Martha)...and I was so enraptured in the ambiance...and my growling stomach that I didn't remember to pull the camera out till dessert came--creamy rich cheesecake...yum with a strawberry mango sauce and fresh berries and mint.


The chandelier is just astounding...beautiful Tiffany Glass windows adorn the ceiling and walls.

What a great way to spend our 13th anniversary...my husband and I both agreed we need more date nights...and a few "date weekends"...but who in their right mind is going to babysit 5 girls? Maybe in 15 more years.....ahh....but I won't hold my breath.....


Rod's Steakhouse...they also have an amazing brunch on Sundays.....


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a huge milestone!! It's great that you both make time for each other away from kids and work. That can be so hard!Hope you both had a great anniversary. Love the blog, it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon....here's to many more happily married "family" years to all of us!

    ReplyDelete