Monday, November 2, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I am a wild thing...on Halloween at least....here I am dressed at the Martha Showl


Halloween went off without a hitch this year....just a perfect day to treat...treat...treat. Yes it drizzled just a bit but overall it was such a beautiful night. The girls got lots of candy and a special treat was being able to trick or treat with their cousin John Paul who lives 2 states away. Since Halloween was on a Saturday this year my sister Maria was able to visit for the weekend. The kids had a blast.

John Paul--albert einstein with his cousin Caroline the Pirate

Gemma always a princess!


Becca was dressed as Mickey...and whenever she went trick or treating the person opening the door would ask...who are you? As they waited for the answer MICKEY MOUSE....out came this little voice that said. "I'm Becca".


My sister...was a sister...Sister Maria...Bless you!



Pauline was a bloodied barbie doll...a bit gruesome...but she wanted to have fun with makeup....here she is holding her nail polished pumpkin.

Every year I encourage the kids to "pool" their candy together so there isn't any fighting...everyone can eat what they like...and their isn't any stealing anybody's candy like I used to do with my siblings. Of course I started this year one....so they know what to expect...might be hard to set this rule up now. Anyway....lots of treats for a fun night out.
Speaking of a fun night...part of the most fun was gaining an hour for Daylight Savings Time. However, not in the Deyo Household. My husband Bob and I actually lost an hour because Gemma woke up 2 times and wouldn't go back to sleep...it actually took us about 2 hours to get her settled in her bed and to fall asleep....so while most people are walking around quite rested today...I am walking around as if I have a hangover....
Hope your Halloween was as much fun as mine was...of course the scariest part of Halloween is now the fact that Christmas is right around the corner...time to go shopping and wrapping....
Christina






No comments:

Post a Comment