Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gemma and Becca...best of friends.

I don't have twins but I feel like I do. Gemma and Rebecca are 14 months apart. They love playing together, they share a bedroom, they share clothes, they share shoes, and they even share their toys. They're very close and yet they couldn't be more opposite of one another. Gemma is all princess--girly girly. She likes to wear dresses, curl her hair, and wear lipstick. Rebecca is more interested in climbing a tree, wearing pants, and playing with cars.



It's very funny to me to hear them play together. Since Gemma is older she usually bosses Rebecca around--when they play Barbies I often hear Gemma tell Becca "I'll be the princess doll and you be the boy doll". Or when they're coloring, Gemma says "Becca, I'll take the pink crayon and you color with the black one". Becca always let's Gemma have her way.

I think its great when you can record all these "little life moments" with your children. I try to jot things down when I can. I'll never forget the time when my oldest daughter Graceann proudly said at the age of 3...."mom that Dorothy from the wizard of oz is a really good singer....she should get a job singing".
Try keeping a notebook and jot these things down...you know what they say..."out of the mouths of babes". The other day Gemma was bothered by her sisters teasing...and finally cried out..."stop, you're making me annoying". It's quickly become the catch phrase in our house.

Enjoy your children...minute by minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment