Thursday, November 12, 2009

A CRYING FOOL!

Becca....my box of tissues!

I am a sucker for sad movies, tv shows, and anything else that could make you cry. I'm a blubbering fool. Last night my daughters and I gathered around to watch Ghost Whisperer (our favorite show--yeah it's now on everynight in reruns). So last night's episode dealt with 3 little boys who perished in a fire while they were living at an orphanage. Melinda (the main character--Jennifer Love Hewitt) was hosting an auction of items from the old orphanage that had just been sold. While rummaging through things her character encountered these 3 little boys. As the story goes on she spends a night at the place and reads a book to these little lost boys--Peter Pan is their favorite. Apparently one little boy died and they never found his body. As the story progresses we find out that the man who bought the orphanage plans to demolish it so Melinda is trying to get these little boys to "cross over". It soon becomes evident that the man who bought the place was actually one of the boys who was thought to have perished. He escaped the fire and never looked back. Now he wanted to burn the place down...along with his memories. Melinda figures it all out and brings the man back to the place and tells him his friends are here. He helps the little boys "cross over". Needless to say, I cried and cried as the boys reunited with their friend who had escaped and who is now 50 years older.

I was holding Rebecca as I blubbered like a baby. Rebecca suddenly turns around to me and gives me the biggest hug and starts wiping my tears and says "It's ok Mommy...I promise it's ok...don't cry." I told her I was just sad at the tv show and yes, everything would be ok. Imagine a 3 year old wiping my tears for a change.

You never know what life is going to give you...just remember the things you have now is what you'll always cherish. Thanks Rebecca for wiping mommy's tears and making me smile...you're the best tissue I could ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment