Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WHERE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE...

God knows exactly where you are--at every moment of the day...Yes you are accounted for!

Last night I was exhausted from work. We taped two shows and the day just felt draining. I couldn't wait to jump on a train and head home. My husband called to tell me he was running late at work because he was involved in extra paperwork. The babysitter had to head out early--so I was in a rush to get home. I made the 6:40 train with about 5 minutes to spare. I felt like I was in good shape. We left the platform on time--even better shape. Then the train came to a screetching halt. The train didn't move. We were informed that there was a disabled Amtrack train in front of us....it would take only a few moments. Well a few moments turned into a half hour, then an hour, then an hour and a half. Thankfully we had service in the train and I was able to reach my sister who could relieve the babysitter who had to go. People started getting frustrated. No one could get off the train. We finally started to move just before 9 pm. I eventually got home around 10 pm. Yes I was tired, yes, I was upset, yes I just wanted to be anywhere but that train. But I reminded myself of a story that a friend emailed me regarding 9/11. It went something like...God wants you right where you are at every minute. One man took his son to school for the first day--and missed the collapse of the Twin Towers. Another man went to the drugstore to pick up bandaids for a blister that same day and missed the collapse. Another man overslept...and also missed the collapse. Yes...for some reason I was meant to be at that very place--stuck on the train. I have to trust that that is where God wanted me at that moment--well actually more than a moment...2 and a half hours.

Then I tried to find the silver lining in that delay. Thankfully my good friend Fran gave me two bags of chips that served as dinner for those around me on the train. Thankfully my sister was available to relieve the babysitter. Thankfully I had my knitting with me. I finished a scarf (one Christmas gift done). Thankfully...I was accounted for on that train...and I did get home...and was safe. Next time you're stuck somewhere...just remember, you're exactly where you're supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment