Monday, November 16, 2009

WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER--BUT TOGETHER WE HAVE IT ALL!

My 5 beautiful daughters!
RANDOM THOUGHTS....
I am so proud of my five girls. I love them even during the moments when I'm trying to get sleep and they somehow manage to wake me up at 6 am on a Saturday. I love them when they tell me a half hour before their basketball game they need kneepads (especially when it's at 8:00 am and hard to find a sports store open). I love them when they decide to express their creativity by coloring all over the kitchen wall. I even love them when they act like magicians and make food disappear between the couch. I just love them! That's what we do as moms--love our children no matter what. My favorite saying is...WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER--BUT TOGETHER WE HAVE IT ALL! And we do...overall we are always there for one another. When someone hurts or upsets one sister...I love seeing the other sisters step up and protect each other. That is my greatest wish that all my daughters always stay close and help one another out.
This past weekend my daughter Caroline had a basketball game. She did great--until a girl from the other team pulled back her finger and jammed it. It's probably just a sprain and she'll be back in the saddle in no time....but this player just seemed so rough. If looks could kill this girl would have dropped on the spot...because all Caroline's sisters peered and seethed at this girl for what she had done.
More random thoughts....My daughter's school have been collecting boxtops. Usually at the end of the year whichever class collects the most gets a free lunch. The stakes are higher because now whichever class collects the most gets a NUD day....meaning a no uniform day. So here's my dilemma--I"ve been collecting them since summer....I have about 100 or more. The contest ends mid-december. I can divide the boxtops up and in the mix they won't account for much...or I can give them all to one daughter and her class most likely will win the NUD day. Then I had another idea...I will use the boxtops as bribery...be good...don't wake mom up on Saturday at 6 am, don't ask mom for kneepads right before the game, don't hide food in the couch, don't color on the wall (even though I love you no matter what)...and you'll get the boxtops!
Happy Random Thoughts Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment