Monday, November 23, 2009

WATCH OUT FOR THE CURB!


Last Saturday I drove my daughter to her first basketball scrimmage. I was very proud of her--her fourth grade team is learning the sport and did extremely well. The score ended in a tie. I think the final numbers were 8-8. Yes it is basketball and not softball--and like I said they're learning. Didn't Michael Jordan start somewhere too? Anyway, we left the game and I was looking forward to 101 things I needed to get done. I pulled away from the parking spot and hit a curb. I didn't think much of it until I was halfway home and wondered what that strange noise was. It didn't take long to realize I had a flat. My husband came to the rescue and bailed me out--changing the tire. All the 101 things that needed to be done were going to have to be put on hold. We had to go to the tire place and get it fixed (but the damage looked bad--so most likely we needed a new one). By the end of the day 200 dollars later and minus 101 things that never got done--the van was fixed. Yeah.

That brings us to this past weekend. I ran to Kohl's to use my bonus bucks and to take advantage of their early bird special. I cashed in on some specials...mostly for me and then headed home. Only as I was leaving the parking lot...I hit a curb....and once again I heard....bump, bump, bump etc. Another flat tire! How could this happen 2 weeks in a row! I pulled into the parking lot and called my husband who I knew was going to have a cow over this one. He said he'd be right there. And sure enough he came to my rescue...and changed the flat. 200 dollars later, the van was fixed. How could I be so careless? My husband was actually really wonderful and instead of having a cow, a bull, a turkey and a monkey...he very calmly said--"no one was hurt". I love this man--just another reason why I married him. So when he doesn't remember to make a duplicate key, or take out the garbage, I will remember his comment "no one was hurt" and move on. And if there is another lesson to be learned---SLOW DOWN AROUND CURBS!

No comments:

Post a Comment