Tuesday, September 22, 2009

93 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS...BUT WHO'S COUNTING? ME!


You are going to hate me today when I tell you what I did this past weekend. Are you ready for this....don't hate me too much...keep in mind that I have a crazy schedule, full time job and 5 beautiful children....ok here goes.....I started wrapping Christmas presents. Yes, I know I am ahead of schedule but I have no choice. My goal in years past was to have everything shopped by Halloween and wrapped by Thanksgiving so I could enjoy the holiday season. I could sit with the kids and watch Rudolph instead of locking myself in a room wrapping til the wee hours of the morning. I've done that too many years in a row to know that's not what I want to do. So while I am no where done with my Christmas Shopping (I hope that puts me in your good graces)....I have started and I figured I might as well wrap. The key to getting ahead and enjoying the Holiday season is to be organized. I try and keep lists (although 9 times out of 10 I lose them--hope that's winning me back)....but its important to start early especially when you have alot of kids. Take advantage of starting slow and steady so December isn't a mad rush. I know--easier said than done...but a little here and a little there goes a long way.


On another note....this past weekend we enjoyed one of Graceann's fine pitching games. Except when the game was halted due to....CHILD ON THE FIELD. And not just any child...ONE OF MY CHILDREN!!!! I thought they were playing by the side field when all of a sudden the umpire called time out and said....we need to get the kid off the field. I relaxed and smiled knowing surely it wasn't one of mine...until Graceann called out..."Mom get Gemma off the field". My first instinct was to take her picture...she looked so cute running in the outfield (and I always try to carry a camera with me)...but how would that look...game on hold...while I take shots of my child running around disturbing the peace...so I did what I normally would do in that situation...I made my husband run after her....because lord knows she'd probably outrun me and that would be an even MORE hilarious spectacle.
Life...just take it one day at a time! Start wrapping your gifts...one a day!


No comments:

Post a Comment