Sunday, September 20, 2009

LET'S GO METS!

LETS GO METS....YEAH A WIN AGAINST THE NATIONALS 6-2!


THE WALL OF FAME...THE LATE GREAT GIL HODGES AND TOM TERRIFIC SEAVER!


WHO MAKES CITIFIELD SO CLEAN? THE GROUNDSKEEPERS...GEE I SHOULD APPLY...I GET LOTS OF PRACTICE AT HOME.


I have been a Mets fan since 1969...the year they were the AMAZINS...and won the World Series. I might have only been 5 years old at the time...but my love affair started when my parents wouldn't turn on my beloved cartoons...and instead I was forced to watch the Mets vs. the Orioles in the series. Before long...I wasn't forced anymore...I actually enjoyed watching the games. And I stuck with my team through thick and thin...and there were alot of "thins"....but it all paid off in the 1986 World Series when the Mets beat Boston. Who could ever forget Ray Knight...or Mookie Wilson's dribbler up first base? What a season!
This year has been a difficult one (ok..maybe the past few). But you always like to be in and win it...that won't happen this year. But as a consolation prize...we the fans have been given CITIFIELD. What a beautiful ballpark. When the season began this year I couldn't wait to try and get tickets...but when you have 5 kids...and the crazy schedule I have...it was all going to be witnessed via the television set. That was until my colleage Ann at work came into my office one day and surprised me with tickets to see the Mets. I couldn't have been more grateful to her. Not only was it a chance to check out my favorite team...it was the first time I got to see Citifield up close and in person! WOW....is all I can say. The game was great because the Mets won 6-2. and believe it or not we were 3 inches from catching a foul ball. The person behind us caught it...yes we were in foul ball territory...and came close a couple of times. My girls loved the game and I loved being able to carry on the tradition my parents instilled in me...LOVE THOSE METS! When you have children its such a wonderful pastime to watch the game and root for your team. I can remember 35 years ago my dad taking me to Shea Stadium and watching the Mets play...rooting for John Stearns and Jon Matlack. Now my girls are rooting for Johan Santana and David Wright....how terrific.
Thanks Ann for the tickets...it was so appreciated! Everything was fantastic....just like I remembered it always being!



YEAH CARLOS BELTRAN WAS IN THE LINEUP....




WHAT A PERFECT DAY...NOTICE NOT A CLOUD IN THE SKY...JUST LIKE MY WEDDING DAY....BEING AT A METS GAME IS ALMOST THE SAME FEELING! (DON'T LET MY HUSBAND KNOW I SAID THAT BECAUSE I'LL HAVE TO DENY IT).




No comments:

Post a Comment