Thursday, September 24, 2009

HOLDING IT ALL TOGETHER...IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES.

HUSBANDS...DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THEIR HONESTY....?....UM SOMETIMES!


Ladies...we're so fickle aren't we? Ok, I know speak for yourself...sorry. I got dressed this morning and because I had to go to an after work event I wore a dress...something I rarely do. I guess I just don't feel comfortable in them. But I got this really cute summer dress on a summer clearance rack for 10 dollars. (I even thought the price was wrong...but to my delight...a sale is a sale!) Since it's so humid out I figured the summer dress would be my best bet. Now I might be mistaken but I don't think so....in my 5 seasons here at the Martha Stewart Show I don't think I ever wore a dress. So as I was about to run out the door--a bit self conscious...I asked my husband what he thought. Then came the silence which you know right away what that means...DON'T DO IT...TAKE IT OFF...THAT DRESS IS NOT FOR YOU. The silence I knew was my husband playing with words in his head...do I say it looks ok but it doesn't? Do I say she looks fat in the dress? Do I say the color isn't right? Finally the words came out...."well honey...it's just that...ummm.....umm...do you think you have a belt to hold it all in place?" What am I to make of that one? On one hand of course I appreciate his honesty...but on the other hand I'm thinking...couldn't he just say I look great and call it a day...I've got 15 minutes to catch a train!....Oh...are you sure I responded to him...as if I didn't hear him the first time...or just thought he got it all wrong....then he went into these "umm...well....it's what you're comfortable in"...how am I supposed to be comfortable in something that needs a belt to hold it all in place? and what's the all? The belly roll? the endowment? the place you shouldn't pinch an inch but I can pinch two feet?....

I know, I know...he was honest...it wasn't the best look for me. In the end...I think honesty is the best policy...but does it have to come when I have minutes to spare to catching the train? I put on my standby pantsuit...and my husband thought I looked beautiful....and I made the train with a minute to spare...yes...life is good especially when you dont need a belt to hold it all in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment